Frequently Asked Question
Questions about engraving stone using the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine
1. Is there any difference in engraving quality when using a laser or impact engraving machine?
Yes, Mirtels stone laser engravers offer higher resolution of engraved images than impact engravers.
2. How to position the laser engraving machine correctly to engrave slabs and headstones?
There are several machine installation options. In order to engrave slabs the machine can be installed on a table or on the floor. When installing the machine on the floor, one needs to mount stubs to roll the slab into the engraving area.
3. What is the service life of the laser tube?
An average laser tube service life is 3 thousand hours (not exceeding 3 years under average loads). After this period is must be replaced.
4. Which types of stone can be engraved with the Mirtels laser engraving machine?
The Mirtels laser engraving machine can engrave different types of stone: granite, gabbro, basalt, marble, as well as polymer granite and other materials.
5. What will be the cost of production of a 20x30cm portrait when using stone laser engraving machine?
The production costs for a 20x30cm portrait is USD 0.50.
6. What is the advantage of the stone laser engraving machine as compared to the stone impact engraving machine?
The main advantage of the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine is quality and engraving speed.
7. Is there any need for further manual operations after the Mirtels laser engraving machine?
Portraits engraved using the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine require no further manual operations. Proper preparation of the portrait (retouching) is a key factor here.
8. Is it hard to retouch photos for the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine?
Retouching requires Adobe Photoshop skills. Retouching for the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine is easier that for impact engraving machine.
9. Do you offer photo retouching services for the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine?
Yes, you can order retouching for any Mirtels printing device (laser machine, impact machine, ceramic printer) at our retouching center.
10. What does it take to start a memorial engraving business using the engraving machine?
In order to start a memorial engraving business one should buy a stone laser engraving machine or a stone impact engraving machine and to buy a computer and a scanner. The image can be sent to the machine via a USB cable or otherwise can be transferred using flash memory, therefore the PC and the machine does not necessarily have to be located in the same premises.
11. Can the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine be used for engraving wood, leather, plastic?
Yes, the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine can be used for engraving glass, wood, leather, plastic, as well as cutting plastic, plywood and other materials. To engrave organic or polymer materials the Mirtels laser engraving machine must be equipped with an air extraction system.
12. What is the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine payoff period?
The Mirtels stone laser engraving machine will pay off earlier than the impact engraving machine, which is due to better output and larger working area. The laser machine can be used during off season. With the price of about 1 ths. rubles per portrait and the output of 5 portraits a day, the average pay off period when engraving memorial headstone portraits is about 2-3 months.
13. Can the Mirtels stone laser engraving machine run for 24 hours a day?
Yes, it can.
14. Is it required to add white paint to the image on a black stone after laser engraving?
Adding paint to the portrait after engraving is not required, it may be added if considered necessary, and depends in the type of stone. We recommend to add white acrylic paint to the image, it makes the portrait more visible when soaked with water during rain and adds more brightness and vividness to the image.
Questions about engraving stone using the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine
1. How to position the impact engraving machine correctly to engrave slabs and headstones?
Mirtels stone impact engraving machine can be position in several ways. It can be mounted on the table, right on the stone or on stubs. It all depends on the stone and machine size.
2. What is the service life of the engraving needle?
The average service life of the engraving needle is 10-15 portraits of 20x30 cm.
3. What are the benefits of the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine as compared to other engraving machines?
The Mirtels stone impact engraving machine features a balanced robust design, modern endurable mechanical parts, high quality engraving owing to high-precession mechanisms.
4. Does the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine have the stone surface tracking function, if the stone has a rough surface?
Yes, the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine does have a surface tracking system.
5. Is there any need for further manual operations after the Mirtels impact engraving machine?
Portraits engraved using the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine require no further manual operations. Proper preparation of the portrait (retouching) is a key factor here.
6. Does the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine have an image contour tracking function?
Yes, before engraving the machine runs along the contour of the image.
7. Can the Mirtels stone impact engraving machine run for 24 hours a day?
Yes, it can.
Questions regarding operation of Mirtels ceramic printers
1. Does Mirtels ceramic printer allow for production of color images on ceramics?
Yes, both black-and-white and color photoceramics can be produced.
2. What is the cost of production of an image on an oval of 13x18 produced using the Mirtels ink jet ceramic printer?
The cost of production in terms of consumable materials (adhesive ink and overglaze paint) is about USD 0.20.
3. Are the oval images made using Mirtels ink jet ceramic printer sunfast?
Yes, as this photoceramic technology employs ceramic overglaze paints and baking in a muffle kiln, it provides a high durability of the image of 50 years on average.
4. Can the printer head get clogged when printing in adhesive ink?
No, since the B09 adhesive ink are specially design for printing using ink jet printer and do not clog the head.
5. Which mode of the Mirtels ceramic printer: М101, М102 or М103 is better for printing memorial photoceramics?
The М101, М102 and М103 models have different photoceramics printing rate and produce image of almost identically high quality.
6. Can one operate a Mirtel ceramic printer at home?
Yes, one can print ceramic images at home conditions.
7. What does it take to start a photoceramic business using the Mirtels printer?
All consumable materials required for work come as set with the printer. One will also need a muffle kiln to use with the Mirtel ceramic printer. The most common design for photoceramics is an energy effective (under 1.5 kWt) 10 liter muffle kiln.